Information for job seekers
Access to the job boards is just the beginning. Sheridan Community Employment Services is designed to meet the needs of all job seekers.
Connect with CES today for more information and to access the following free services.
Become an apprentice
Apprenticeship training is an agreement between a person wishing to learn a skill and an employer who can provide the environment for skills training.
Better Jobs Ontario
Better Jobs Ontario is an Ontario government program that enables laid-off Ontarians to train for new jobs in high-demand careers.
A fully equipped resource and information area open to all, providing access to computers, fax machines, printers, telephones and a library of online and print resources to support your career and employment goals.
- Job leads with employer postings, job fairs and community events.
- Job development and placement support.
- Individual employment planning, advising and follow-up.
College Sector Employment Services offers free webinars on these subjects and more:
- Applying for Jobs Online
- Apprenticeship? Is This for You?
- The Hidden Job Market
- Working from Home
- Interview Skills
- Conquering Ageism
- Canadian Workplace Competencies
CES offers free job-seeker workshops, such as:
- Résumé/Cover Letter Preparation
- Leveraging LinkedIn to Enhance Job Search
- Interview Strategies
- Job Search Strategies
- Better Jobs Ontario Information Session
- and more