Supports for Employees and Visitors
Sexual Violence Response Specialist
The Sexual Violence Response Specialist (SVRS) is a central point of contact and support for all Sheridan students, faculty and staff who have experienced or been affected by sexual violence.
The Sexual Violence Response Specialist is available during business hours from Monday to Friday:
- Call 905-845-9430, ext. 8430 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Safety Services
Campus Safety Services is available to address safety concerns on campus, including to provide an escort to and from parking lots, residences, pathways and hallways, classes, work location, etc., and for obtaining information to create an Incident Report.
Campus Safety Services are available for 24/7 on-campus support:
- Call ext. 4044 within the campus or 905-815-4044 on and off campus, or
- Use the Emergency Phones located at Davis Campus, Hazel McCallion Campus or Trafalgar Road Campus
- Connect with Campus Safety Services through the Sheridan Alert! App
Sheridan employees have complimentary access to a variety of professional support resources and tools, including counselling, through TELUS Health Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). The EFAP is available 24/7/365 for confidential support.
To access the LifeWorks Care Access Centre, employees may:
- Call the LifeWorks Care Access Centre: 1-844-880-9142
- Use Online Access (Canada only): www.workhealthlife.com
What to do if you've become aware of Sexual Violence
If you’ve witnessed sexual violence or become aware of sexual violence, we'll help you by providing available resources and necessary support to report the incident. As a Sheridan employee, governor or contractor, you have a duty to immediately report all incidents and suspected incidents of sexual violence to the Sexual Violence Response Specialist (905-845-9430, ext. 8430 or email@example.com). If you're unsure what you've witnessed, please still reach out and we can provide support.
If you're a visitor to campus, please report the incident to Campus Safety Services at 905-815-4044 (available 24/7) or use the emergency phones located inside and outside at all of Sheridan's campuses:
- Emergency phones at Davis Campus (Brampton)
- Emergency phones at Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga)
- Emergency phones at Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville)
Sheridan faculty, staff and students can find more information by visiting the Sexual Violence page on Sheridan Central (Sheridan login required).