The TRIEC Mentoring Partnership is operating remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mentors and mentees are meeting virtually (Skype, phone, Zoom, FaceTime etc.) Please connect by email to find out how you can get involved email@example.com
Find a mentor to help you reconnect with your career in Canada.
If you are an immigrant with a professional background, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership* can help you reconnect with your career with the support of a mentor who works in your field, in Canada.
By talking to a mentor who shares your professional background and knows how the local labour market works, you can get a head start on your journey to success in Canada.
In fact, 77% of participants find a job in their professional field within 6 months of completing the program.
You should sign up for the program if you:
- Have 2+ years of international experience in your professional field
- Have lived in Canada for less than five years
- Are unemployed or underemployed and looking to reconnect with your career
A mentor can help you:
- Understand Canadian industry trends
- Develop more effective job search strategies
- Build your professional network
- Find ways of leveraging your experience and skills
Interested? Email Janet Gaffney to learn how to sign up for a mentorship partnership.
*Sheridan Community Employment Services is a partner in TRIEC Mentoring Partnership — a program of the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council delivered by 12 community partners across the GTA, including Sheridan.