Statement regarding unscheduled closure of Trafalgar Road Campus on November 19
Around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 19, Halton Regional Police informed Sheridan College’s security department of a potential threat at Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville) due to a safety concern in the area. Halton Regional Police has since confirmed that the evacuation was precautionary in nature and there was no immediate threat to safety.
Classes and events were cancelled for November 19 and building access, including Residence, was temporarily restricted. Buildings were re-opened at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Sheridan’s Fall Open House was in progress during the time of the evacuation. Visitors, students and employees are commended for calmly and promptly leaving campus. For those prospective students who did not have the opportunity to experience Sheridan’s Trafalgar Road Campus to its fullest nor complete a portfolio review, future opportunities to connect with Sheridan programs, professors and facilities will be communicated soon.
- Sheridan and CCTT partnering to fill Ontario’s skilled trades gap
- Preparing for liftoff: The ideology behind Sheridan’s revolutionary osteopathy degree
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year