Statement regarding unscheduled closure of Trafalgar Road Campus on November 19
Around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 19, Halton Regional Police informed Sheridan College’s security department of a potential threat at Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville) due to a safety concern in the area. Halton Regional Police has since confirmed that the evacuation was precautionary in nature and there was no immediate threat to safety.
Classes and events were cancelled for November 19 and building access, including Residence, was temporarily restricted. Buildings were re-opened at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Sheridan’s Fall Open House was in progress during the time of the evacuation. Visitors, students and employees are commended for calmly and promptly leaving campus. For those prospective students who did not have the opportunity to experience Sheridan’s Trafalgar Road Campus to its fullest nor complete a portfolio review, future opportunities to connect with Sheridan programs, professors and facilities will be communicated soon.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards