Teaching & Research Interests
Scholarship, Research & Creative Activities
Jason Dean joined the Faculty of Business in 2013. Prior to working at Sheridan, Jason worked as a Health Economist at Analysis Group in Montréal, Canada. He is an applied econometrician with particular interests in labour, health, and housing market economics. He received a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University, a Master’s in Economics from the University of Guelph, and a PhD in Economics from McGill University. At Sheridan, Jason teaches Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
- 2018 Dean, Jason. “Does it Matter if Immigrants Work in Jobs Related to their Education?” In: IZA Journal of Development and Migration 8.1, p. 7.
- 2017 Dilmaghani, Maryam and Jason Dean. “Labour Market Attainment of Canadian Jews During the First Two Decades of the 20th Century”. In: Contemporary Jewry,pp. 1–29.
- 2016 Dean, Jason and Maryam Dilmaghani. “Economic Integration of Pre-WWI Immigrants from the British Isles in the Canadian Labour Market”. In: Journal of International Migration and Integration 17.1, pp. 55–76.
- 2016 Dilmaghani, Maryam and Jason Dean. “Religiosity and Female Labour Market Attainment in Canada: The Protestant Exception”. In: International Journal of Social Economics 43.3, pp. 244–262.
- 2014 Lafeuille, Marie-Hélène, Jason Dean, Valerie Carter, et al. “Systematic Review of Long-Acting Injectables versus Oral Atypical Antipsychotics on Hospitalization in Schizophrenia”. In: Current medical research and opinion 30.8, pp. 1643–1655.
- 2014 Lafeuille, Marie-Hélène, Jason Dean, John Fastenau, et al. “Burden of Schizophrenia on Selected Comorbidity Costs”. In: Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 14.2, pp. 259–267.
- 2013 Lafeuille, Marie-Hélène, J Dean, et al. “Observed Abiraterone Acetate Utilization by Prostate Cancer (PC) Patients in A Large Administrative Claims Database in The United States”. In: Value in Health 16.3, A144.
- 2013 Taylor, DCA et al. “Budgetary Impact of Linaclotide in The Treatment Of US Adult Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome With Constipation (IBS-C) Or Chronic Constipation (CC)”. In: Value in Health 16.3, A212.
- 2012 Lafeuille, Marie-Hélène, Jason Dean, Jie Zhang, et al. “Impact of Omalizumab on Emergency-Department Visits, Hospitalizations, and Corticosteroid use among Patients with Uncontrolled Asthma”. In: Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 109.1, pp. 59–64.
- 2015 Dean, Jason and Dilmaghani, Maryam, "Religious Diversity and Labour Market Attainment: Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, 1911-2011", Atlantic Research Group on Economics of Immigration, Aging and Diversity, Sobey’s School of Business. Saint Mary’s University.
Work in Progress
- 2018 Dean, Jason and Dilmaghani, Maryam, "Sexual Orientation and Real Estate Wealth Accumulation in Canada", Submitted
- 2018 Dean, Jason and Steele, Marion, "Renter Residential Mobility, Income Change and Financial Strength", Submitted