Three Sheridan alumni up for Juno Awards
Several Sheridan alumni have picked up nominations for the 2019 Juno Awards.
The Juno Awards, which are presented to Canadian musical artists and bands to acknowledge their achievements in all aspects of music, will take place on March 17 in London, Ont.
Lisa Sonshine and Brock “Broccoli” Burford (Music Theatre Performance ’03) have been nominated in the Children’s Album of the Year category for their latest CD It’s Cool To Be Kind. The children’s musical entertainers have performed together for more than decade, having released their first album, Sonshine and Broccoli Jam in 2004.
Andrew De Zen (Media Arts ’15) was nominated in the Video of the Year category. The young grad directed the music video for Places from Alaskan Tapes, the alias of musician Brady Kendall. De Zen’s other credits include the shorts The Stories We Tell Ourselves and The Wall.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards