Sheridan Celebrates International Education Week
This November, Sheridan joins institutions around the world in celebrating International Education Week (IEW). IEW is an opportunity to come together to promote and discuss the importance of international and global education which builds understanding and collaboration across and between institutions.
Sheridan is hosting a series of five webinars, beginning November 1, which offer the opportunity for the community to engage with renowned national and international experts, scholars and practitioners to contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world.
“International experiences are no longer a luxury for personal enrichment,” said Dr. Amira El Masri, Director, Centre for Global Education and Internationalization, “but a critical and essential aspect to our personal, professional, and academic growth.”
Sheridan’s webinars include a special spotlight on four alumni who began their journeys as international students at Sheridan. During the November 4 webinar, Sheridan’s International Alumni: Pathways to Triumphs, the participating alumni will share how their Sheridan education helped them achieve their goals and shape their future.
This year’s activities at Sheridan build on the recent launch of Sheridan’s Internationalization and Global Connectivity Strategy, which supports Sheridan’s five-year Strategic Plan with concrete actions to nurture global citizenship within our learning community. Sheridan recognizes that engaging with our international community is indispensable to enhance our teaching, learning, research, community and industry relations, while achieving our priorities of academic excellence, rich student experience, learner-centered services and commitment to scholarship.
“We are launching our Internationalization and Global Connectivity plan at a time when legacies of racism and discrimination are reverberating across the globe and the world is engulfed by a global pandemic that led to the closure of borders,” said Dr. Jane Ngobia, Vice President, Inclusive Communities. “It is during those challenging and uncertain times that a holistic, intentional and integrated approach to internationalization is critical.”
Sheridan invites you to attend any or all of the five webinars. Find more information and links to register below.
- A Faculty perspective on COIL: A Sheridan experience! - Register here.
- Sheridan’s International Alumni: Pathways to Triumphs – Register here.
- Exploring a (new) Praxis for Internationalization: Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Decolonization (EDID) - Register here.
- A Local to Global Imperative: Powering Personal and Societal Transformation through Education for Sustainable Development – Register here.
- Internationalization and Refugee Education – Register here.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business