Three Sheridan alumni join Motion Picture Academy
Three Sheridan alumni are among the 842 people invited to be part of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Samir Hoon (Computer Animation ’91), Trevor Jimenez (Bachelor of Animation ’07) and Domee Shi (Bachelor of Animation ’11) are now part of the prestigious Hollywood organization, which votes annually to determine Oscar winners.
Hoon is currently Director Visual Effects, International Originals – APAC with Netflix, based out of Singapore. He previously worked as the ILM Singapore Studio Supervisor. He’s served as visual effects supervisor on features such as Bumblebee, Monster Hunt 2, TRON: Legacy.
Jimenez is a Pixar story artist who boasts Rio, Finding Dory, Weekends and Coco among his animation credits. His animated short, Weekends, earned critical acclaim and accolades last year, including an Annie Award for Best Animated Short Subject and an Academy Award nomination in the category of Best Animated Short Film.
Domee Shi is an Academy Award-winning animator who also works as a story artist at Pixar. Her animated short, Bao, screened in advance of Incredibles 2 in theatres and won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film at the 91st Academy Awards. She’s worked on features such as Inside Out, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 and is currently working on her own animated feature.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business