Sheridan Convocation a Week-long Celebration of Excellence
Over the course of ten ceremonies this week, Sheridan will launch over five thousand and nine hundred new graduates in the fields of business, the arts, community service and technology at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga.
The first ceremony takes place at 7:30 pm on Monday, June 5, and will be preceded by the formal installation of Dr. Mary Preece as Sheridan’s seventh President and Vice Chancellor. While Dr. Preece took on her current role last November, formal installations are typically undertaken during Convocation.
Other highlights of this year’s ceremonies include the first graduating classes of five Honours Bachelor of Business Administration degrees, the Honours Bachelor of Interaction Design, and the Honours Bachelor of Game Design.
Sheridan is also proud to honour the accomplishments of our indigenous students with the introduction of an eagle feather presentation to indigenous graduates by Sheridan’s Elder in Residence, Bertha Skye. The eagle represents the messenger to the Creator, based on traditional teachings. The presentation of an Eagle Feather is a symbol of honour recognizing the graduates’ accomplishments.
During the course of this year’s Convocation, a series of keynote speakers will share their wisdom and advice with the graduating class. They include:
- John Howlett, President of Bunzl Canada
- Doug Payne, President and COO, Nulogx
- Warren Currell, President of Sherpa Games Inc.
- Carley Gallant, Artist and Curator
- Brenda Hajdu, Executive Director, Food for Life
- Rabia Khedr, Commissioner, Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Indira Naidoo-Harris, MPP and Minister of Status of Women
- Chief Eric Gert, Hamilton Police Services
- Eric Liberda, Associate Professor, Ryerson University
- Bashir Fancy, Chairman and CEO, Canadian Information Processing Society
All ceremonies will be live-streamed on Sheridan’s website at www.sheridancollege.ca. For more information or a detailed schedule, please contact:
Susan Atkinson, 905-815-4073; email@example.com
- Technical Production staff, students ensuring that the shows can go on
- Sheridan and the Afro-Caribbean Business Network partner on research to support Black entrepreneurs
- Beauty by design
- Winning wearable design showcases grad's artistic range
- Sheridan receives more than $4.5M in provincial funding for integral campus facilities and equipment projects