Sheridan to celebrate award-winning student artwork at special reception
Sheridan's Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design (FAAD) is delighted to host a reception to celebrate graduating student artwork at the college’s Creative Campus Gallery on December 8.
About the Collection features the winning entries from Sheridan's 2020 and 2021 Graduating Student Art Awards, which recognize outstanding graduating students, and will be on display at Sheridan’s Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga, Ont.
“We are delighted to celebrate our exceptional alumni by showcasing the winning artwork from this initiative, made possible with generous funding from Sheridan’s Alumni and Advancement department,” says Donna Braggins, Interim Dean, Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design. “Our students demonstrated incredible resiliency as they navigated the challenges of the pandemic, and we are proud to finally honour them at this special reception.”
- Date: Thursday, December 8
- Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Location: Creative Campus Gallery (B234), Hazel McCallion Campus
Light refreshments will be provided.
About the awards
Through the Graduating Student Art Awards, student artwork is purchased by the college for inclusion in Sheridan’s Art Lending Library, which allows members of the community to borrow and install the pieces across Sheridan’s three campuses. More than 300 submissions were received in 2020 and 2021. By participating in the awards, students hone their skills writing artist statements and interacting with art curators, while gaining access to valuable mentorship opportunities and learning about the art acquisition process.
Creative Campus Gallery
Located at the college’s Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga, Ont., the Creative Campus Gallery highlights past creative works and collections from Sheridan’s Faculties, departments, and research centres. The gallery was temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Browse past exhibitions.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business