Sheridan introduces summer fun for kids with virtual alumni couch camp
Sheridan Alumni is excited to introduce Couch Camp, one hour of free, educational online fun activities for kids, from July 19-23, hosted by a team of talented Sheridan grads.
Kids will learn how to draw cartoons, take a yoga or acting class, explore the Toronto Zoo (virtually), and do experiments with a Mad Scientist. Couch Camp is a COVID-safe activity for kids who are stuck at home and a solution for parents who are looking for ways to keep them engaged and busy. Anyone can sign up from anywhere around the world.
“We know it can be hard for parents to juggle work while kids are at home during the summer holidays,” said Jennifer Deighton, Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations. “We’re fortunate to have such an engaged and talented alumni community who is willing to go above and beyond to showcase their skills and provide exceptional learning experiences for our community.”
All activities will begin at 10 a.m. EDT and will run for one hour. Parents have the option to register their child(ren) for all five activities or select the ones that most interest them. All activities are designed for kids in the age range of 6–12 years old, but are fun for the whole family.
Sheridan Alumni hosted a virtual Family Fun Day in November 2020 with 92 registrations from across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., and a Spring Break Camp in April 2021 with over 600 registrations from across Canada, Turkey, India and Germany. Virtual programming enables Sheridan to offer Alumni and their families engaging and interactive activities with a wider reach.
Couch Camp featured Alumni will include:
- Mike Cope (Animation ‘98) - Intro to Cartooning
- Amy Goswell (Animal Care ‘08) - Virtual visit to the Toronto Zoo
- Irina Kazakevic (Teaching Hatha Yoga ‘08) - Down in the Rainforest kids’ yoga class
- Julie Tomaino (former Sheridan Faculty) - Introduction to Acting
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Sheridan to celebrate more than 6,200 graduates during 2023 Spring Convocation