Sheridan Response to Blackbaud Cyber Attack
At Sheridan, we take the stewardship of our community’s personal information very seriously which is why we want to proactively alert you to a situation that has recently come to our attention. On July 16, 2020, Blackbaud, a third-party vendor, notified Sheridan that they had been the target of a ransomware cyberattack in May. At this time, we have been assured by Blackbaud that no Sheridan data was compromised in this attack.
Sheridan engages Blackbaud to host fundraising, donor, alumni, and scholarship data. In the interest of full disclosure and transparency, we want to ensure that our valued community members are made aware of the situation, of Sheridan’s response, and how to request further information.
What Actions Have Been Taken by Sheridan?
Upon learning of this incident, Sheridan took swift measures to ensure that we learned as much about the ransomware attack as possible so that we could provide our community members with up-to-date information. To date, we have done the following:
- Launched an internal investigation to better understand the situation,
- Initiated a review and assessment of our existing Blackbaud products, and
- Engaged in an ongoing dialogue with our partners and colleagues in the higher education field to understand how this issue is affecting the sector.
What Actions Can You Take?
At this time, there is no required action for Sheridan community members as no Sheridan data has been compromised.
Who Can You Contact If You Have Questions?
For further information, or for answers to any questions you may have, please contact Sheridan’s Office of General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards