Sixteen grads nominated for Dora Awards
Sixteen Sheridan alumni have earned nominations at this year’s Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
The Dora Awards recognize excellence in professional theatre, dance and opera in Toronto. The awards, now in their 41st year, honour the late Dora Mavor Moore — a beloved teacher, director, and champion of the performing arts.
The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts announced the nominations on June 3.
The winners will be announced virtually through the Dora Awards YouTube channel on June 29.
See below a full list of the alumni nominated:
- In the category of Outstanding Direction, Paolo Santalucia (Theatre and Drama Studies ’11) is nominated for Casimir and Caroline.
- Three alumni will be vying for Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role: Connor Lucas (Music Theatre ’17) for The Adventures of Pinocchio, Hailey Gillis (Theatre and Drama Studies ’13) for Ghost Quartet and Tess Benger (Music Theatre ’09) for Sunday in the Park with George.
- Four alumni have been nominated in the category of Outstanding Performance in a Featured Role: Arinea Hermans (Music Theatre ’16) and Joel Cumber (Music Theatre ’17) for The Adventures of Pinocchio, and Stewart McKensy (Music Theatre ’03) and Vanessa Sears (Music Theatre ’15) for Caroline, or Change.
- Malindi Ayienga’s (Music Theatre ’18) performance in You and I has been nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Individual.
- In the category of Outstanding Achievement in Design, Lisa Mann (Fashion Design ’87) is nominated for Eden Planted.
- Theatre and Drama Studies alums Hallie Seline (’11) and Cameron Laurie (’17) are part of the team to be nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble for their work in Casimir and Caroline. In the same category, Daniel Krolik (Theatre and Drama Studies ’00) and Geoffrey Whynot (Theatre Arts Performance ’87) are nominated for Box 4901, while Michael Derworiz (Music Theatre ’19) and Alexa MacDougall (Music Theatre ’19) are nominated for A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Update on Sheridan planning for fall 2021 semester
- Sheridan celebrates second season of Netflix series “Blown Away”
- Playing with fire: Gearing up for a second season of Blown Away
- Sheridan launches Panel of Inquiry into Music Theatre program
- Sheridan to announce Fall 2021 program delivery modes by June 4