Sheridan alumni help animate Golden Globe-winning animated feature
Sheridan alumni helped power the web-slinging antics seen in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which took home top animation honours at the 76th Golden Globe Awards.
Spider-Man was presented the award for Best Motion Picture – Animated on Jan. 7, 2019 at a ceremony in Beverley Hills, Calif. More than a dozen grads worked on the film.
Grads helped animate four of the five projects nominated for Best Animated Motion Picture, which also included Incredibles 2, Isle of Dogs and Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Sheridan grads have a long history of success at the Golden Globes, having contributed to every film that has won in the best animated motion picture category since the award’s inception in 2006.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business