Statement Regarding Cancellation of Funding for University-College Partnerships
Late yesterday, Sheridan College was informed by the Government of Ontario of its immediate plan to cancel funding that was allocated by the previous provincial government in support of major capacity expansion projects, which includes the new Ryerson/Sheridan venture in Brampton.
Planning for our project was still in the early stages, with the first enrolment intake planned for 2022.
Sheridan remains fully committed to serving Brampton, as we have for over 50 years. Our Davis Campus is central to Sheridan’s identity and it will continue to thrive. Sheridan is fully invested in working collaboratively with all of our partners and stakeholders on the shared objective of providing outstanding post-secondary education in the City of Brampton.
- Sheridan and CCTT partnering to fill Ontario’s skilled trades gap
- Preparing for liftoff: The ideology behind Sheridan’s revolutionary osteopathy degree
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year