Animation alum to illustrate Paul McCartney’s children’s book
Sheridan alumna Kathryn Durst (Bachelor of Animation ’12) is illustrating a children’s book written by former Beatle Paul McCartney.
Hey Grandude! tells the story of a cool, intrepid-explorer grandfather who uses a magic compass to whisk his four grandkids off on whirlwind adventures. The 32-page book will be released in September 2019.
“This story especially resonated with me because I have wonderful childhood memories of my dad taking my siblings and me on exciting adventures, just like Grandude does in the book,” said Durst, in a statement. “I am very excited to be able to work with Paul McCartney on this project. It has been such a treat to collaborate with such an inspiring and accomplished artist. We both want to make an exciting and beautiful book that kids will want to read again and again!”
Durst was born in Peterborough, Ont. and currently lives in Toronto. She previously interned with Pixar Animation Studios and has worked with various children’s book publishers including Owl Kids, Penguin Random House and Scholastic (UK).
- Sheridan to offer Canada’s first osteopathy degree in the postsecondary system
- Sheridan tops Forbes Canada's Best Employers list
- Sheridan ranks #1 in research partnerships and industry research income in annual college rankings
- How animation alumna Tale Linh Do brings her visions to life
- Sheridan alumni nominated for more than 60 Canadian Screen Awards