Animation alum to illustrate Paul McCartney’s children’s book
Sheridan alumna Kathryn Durst (Bachelor of Animation ’12) is illustrating a children’s book written by former Beatle Paul McCartney.
Hey Grandude! tells the story of a cool, intrepid-explorer grandfather who uses a magic compass to whisk his four grandkids off on whirlwind adventures. The 32-page book will be released in September 2019.
“This story especially resonated with me because I have wonderful childhood memories of my dad taking my siblings and me on exciting adventures, just like Grandude does in the book,” said Durst, in a statement. “I am very excited to be able to work with Paul McCartney on this project. It has been such a treat to collaborate with such an inspiring and accomplished artist. We both want to make an exciting and beautiful book that kids will want to read again and again!”
Durst was born in Peterborough, Ont. and currently lives in Toronto. She previously interned with Pixar Animation Studios and has worked with various children’s book publishers including Owl Kids, Penguin Random House and Scholastic (UK).
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business
Stories you may like
Pursuing your passion
How can you harness the power of art to bring the Sheridan community together and foster well-being? When Art Fundamentals…