Sheridan Animation students' work to be shown at Oakville Film Festival
Beginning on Monday, September 10, and continuing on alternate Mondays until April, 2019, Monday Night at the Movies will offer a taste of the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) in the west end.
Through its partnership with TIFF, the program provides unique access to the festival’s recent releases, featuring some of the best independent films from around the world, and including others that don’t otherwise have wide distribution.
Sheridan is also a partner in this initiative, with short films by our graduating Computer Animation students opening each screening – a terrific way to highlight 50 years of animation education at Sheridan.
Monday Night at the Movies takes place at 7:30 pm at the Winston Churchill Cineplex, located at 2081 Winston Park Drive. The first film to be screened, on September 10, is a British film, Finding Your Feet, starring Imelda Staunton, Celia Imrie, Timothy Spall, and Joanna Lumley. Tickets are $10 – cash only – and can be purchased in the Cineplex lobby at the Monday Night at the Movies table.
Information on upcoming films will be posted on the Facebook page: MondayNightAtTheMoviesOakville. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request movie alerts.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Muthana Zouri joins Sheridan as Dean of the Pilon School of Business