Sheridan Named as one of the Top 10 Visual Effects Schools by The Hollywood Reporter
Sheridan was recently ranked in The Hollywood Reporter’s (THR) list of Top 10 Visual Effects schools, alongside postsecondary institutions in Germany, England, the United States (Los Angeles; Sarasota, Florida; San Francisco; Savannah, Georgia) and Vancouver. The ranking was based on surveys with recruiters, industry professionals and sources in academia.
“This ranking speaks to the success of our curriculum, and it verifies our belief that Sheridan has one of the top training programs in visual effects,” says Noel Hooper, Program Coordinator of the Visual Effects program. “I was pleased to hear that our students’ work is being recognized, and that among all the visual effects programs, Sheridan still stands at the top.”
Sheridan’s Visual Effects program is a 10-month post-graduate certificate program that runs annually from September to June. Collaboration and state-of-the-art facilities are integral to the program, says Hooper. Visual Effects students collaborate with other students in the program, with faculty, and with other Sheridan programs, particularly the Advanced Television and Film program.
To see the complete Top 10 list, visit: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/top-10-visual-effects-schools-revealed-1132771/item/top-visual-effects-schools-sheridan-college-1132764
- Sheridan and CCTT partnering to fill Ontario’s skilled trades gap
- Preparing for liftoff: The ideology behind Sheridan’s revolutionary osteopathy degree
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year