Sheridan partners with Ryerson on University Presence in Brampton
In January of this year, the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills put out a call for proposals to establish a university presence in Brampton and Milton, with the Province committing a total of $180 million for both projects. The expression of interest had to be made by established Ontario universities. Over the past two months, Sheridan has been engaged in conversation with a university partner regarding this call for a university presence in Brampton. We are pleased to announce that Sheridan will be partnering with Ryerson in this initiative.
The Hon. Deb Matthews, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills, yesterday released the outcome of the call for proposals. Ryerson is the sole university to submit a formal expression of interest in establishing a presence in Brampton in partnership with Sheridan.
At this time, Ryerson has expressed its interest in creating an educational and innovation hub in Brampton. The next step is for Ryerson to prepare, in consultation with Sheridan, a more detailed proposal for review by the Province.
- Sheridan welcomes Mark Jones as new Dean of the Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design
- Sheridan named Canada’s top animation school for fifth consecutive year
- Sheridan partners with Halton and Peel Regions to strengthen child care workforce with new micro-credential
- Sheridan offers youth summer camps
- Sheridan to celebrate more than 6,200 graduates during 2023 Spring Convocation