The college years can be times of accelerated growth and learning, significant changes, and considerable stress. It is normal — and even expected — for students to encounter difficult or stressful events. However, when students use the resources available to them, there is a greater chance of success and overall well-being.
Counselling Services are offered to assist students in building solutions to their own personal, emotional, or interpersonal concerns that may be impacting their academic success at Sheridan.
Common issues faced by students:
- Coping with anxiety and/or stress
- Feelings of depression or sadness
- Working effectively in groups and teams
- Getting control of drinking or drug use
- Coping with loss and grief
- Low energy and motivation
- Sexuality concerns
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Relationship and family issues
- Self-harm or suicidal feelings
- Body image and eating disorders
- Financial problems
- Time Management
Counselling appointments are free and confidential.
All services are strictly confidential and no information is released to anyone without the student's written authorization unless required by law. You can access the Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA) to review information concerning Sheridan's privacy and personal health information practices.
Information for current students
Current Sheridan students can book appointments and access counselling services through Sheridan Central.