Hiring a Student
Reasons to Hire a Co-op/Internship Student
- It is a cost-effective solution for short-term hiring needs; employers get quality skills at affordable prices.
- It is an excellent way to evaluate potential employees.
- Students bring fresh, innovative ideas to your company. By hiring a student every 4 months, you can take advantage of a continuous supply of new and creative approaches to your business.
- It is an investment that you make in attracting dedicated employees.
- There is an Ontario Tax Credit available for employers of co-op/internship students. The credit can total as much as $3,000 per student per paid work term.
How to Hire a Student
You can post a job to the web using our convenient online platforms, or call us directly (905) 845-9430 ext. 2649 – our staff is here to assist you every step of the way.
If you are an employer looking to post a co-op/internship for Winter 2021 – Please continue to use Jobs.Sheridan to post a job.
If you are an employer looking to post a co-op/internship for Summer 2021 – Please register and begin to use the NEW Sheridan Works platform and view the top menu bar for login information. Job postings are free to all employers.
There is no set salary for co-op students – this is your decision. To get an idea of what students from your industry have been paid on past work terms, view the salary surveys from the last two semesters. The survey contains compensation figures collected from Sheridan’s co-op students and is updated each semester.