skip to main content

Returning Students


Whether you are coming back after a long 4 month break or a quick 3 week refresher, Student Advisement is here to get you back into the swing of things. This page has plenty of useful information to get you back in the Sheridan mindset! To find your answer quickly simply click on the question below:


Has it been a long time since you last used your user name and password for AccessSheridan? If you have forgotten your user name and password visit the ITSC (Trafalgar Campus – room C131, Davis Campus - room B195, HMC - room A202). You will be required to show a government issued Photo ID or your Sheridan oneCARD. ITSC is open year-round Monday to Friday from 7:30am until 11:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am until 5:00pm.  If you require a password change and are unable to come to a campus location, you may call the Contact Centre, Monday to Thursday from 8:00am until 8:00pm, Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm and Saturday from 9:00am until 1:00pm at one of the following numbers:
  • From the Brampton calling area: 905-459-7533 – select option 4, then option 1.
  • From the Hamilton calling area: 905-681-4611 – select option 4, then option 1.
  • All other calling areas: 905-845-9430 – select option 4, then option1.
Note: For security purposes, student user names and passwords can not be communicated via e-mail.


If you have withdrawn from a program and would now like to return, you will need to apply for readmission.

Readmission into the first semester of a program

If you withdrew from your program before completing your first semester, you must re-apply to the program through  You will be following the exact same process you used when you first applied to Sheridan. (Please note: If applying for a program starting in September, it is recommended that you apply prior to the equal consideration date – Feb. 1st)

Readmission beyond the first semester

If you completed the first semester of your program before withdrawing then you can re-apply directly to Sheridan. If you are interested in readmission, please visit Student Advisement  (Trafalgar Campus – room B104, Davis Campus – B230, HMC - A247) where one of our Student Advisors will go through the process with you.


It is very important that you continue to check your Sheridan e-mail even when you are not in classes. The College will use your Sheridan e-mail account to communicate important messages to you. For example, you will receive e-mails about your Fee Invoice for the upcoming semester, about accessing your timetable via AccessSheridan, as well as selecting a General Education Elective. If you have forgotten your user name and password please remember to visit the ITSC (Trafalgar Campus – room C131, Davis Campus – room B195, HMC - room A202) or call the Contact Centre.


Visit Student Advisement to pick up a handout with FAQs about how to use AccessSheridan. This handout includes instructions for accessing your timetable, selecting your General Education Elective, and much more. If you have any questions about this handout, please feel free to visit Student Advisement (Trafalgar Campus – room B104, Davis Campus – B230, HMC - A247).



You should always discuss your decision to add or drop a course with a Student Advisor in Student Advisement (Trafalgar Campus – room B104, Davis Campus – B230, HMC - Welcome Desk), or with your Program Coordinator as there are many factors you need to consider. If you decide to add or drop a course, please visit the Office of the Registrar (Trafalgar Campus – room D100, Davis Campus – B201, HMC - Welcome Desk). During Term Start-Up students have access to change their timetables online - please see for detailed information about online enrolment (Note: not all courses/programs can be changed online - a complete list of exemptions is listed on


It is recommended that you meet with a Student Advisor in Student Advisement (Trafalgar Campus – room B104, Davis Campus – B230, HMC - A247), so they can explore all of your options with you.


Students have until the 10th day of classes to withdraw from their program with a partial refund. There are many things a student must take into consideration when withdrawing from a program, therefore it is recommended that a student visit Student Advisement (Trafalgar Campus – room B104, Davis Campus – B230, HMC - A247) to meet with a Student Advisor to ensure they know the proper process for withdrawing from the College.


You may have received an e-mail from Sheridan stating that you are on Academic Probation.  Academic Probation is a warning that your academic performance must improve if you wish to continue your studies at Sheridan. To discuss your particular situation, and find out what your next steps are, please visit Student Advisement (Trafalgar – room B104, Davis – B230, HMC - A247). Are you on "Academic Suspension"? If you have been dismissed from your program because the minimum GPA requirement was not met, it is important that you meet with a Student Advisor in Student Advisement. The Student Advisor will explain the "Academic Suspension" standing and the Academic Standing Policy as well as provide you with your options and next steps. If it is not possible for you to meet with a Student Advisor at the present time, consult our Managing Your Academic Standing guide for immediately-useful resources and action steps.


If you are considering changing your program Student Advisement staff is here to provide you with your options. Please visit  Student Advisement (Trafalgar – room B104, Davis – B230, HMC - A247).

Don’t forget! Student Advisement is not just for New Students, we always encourage you to stop Student Advisement with any questions you have…we are The Answer Place!