Youth HIRE Program
Date: Jul. 16, 2020 – Sep. 11, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Reach for the stars! Do you struggle with finding meaningful employment?
Discover your full potential! You are invited to attend paid workshops and training where you will learn new skills.
Pursue the job you want!
Eligible participants will be:
- Between 15-30 years old.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or granted refugee protection status.
- Individuals who have a Learning Disability and/or ADHD.
- Graduated from a program at Sheridan and are looking for employment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, according to Ontario legislation and regulations.
- Able to commit 30 hours per week for 6 weeks of curriculum and 30 hours for 12 weeks of work placement.
What is involved?
Training will be approximately 30 hours per week for 6 weeks. This includes workshops, certifications, groups, and one-on-one support. Following the training, there will be a 12 week paid onsite work placement of 30 hours per week.
- Career exploration
- Skills portfolio
- Individualized training plans
- Free certifications (Smart Serve, High Five, CPR)
- Labour Market Research
- Resume preparation
- Job search techniques… and much much more!
We welcome a diverse group of youth with varying abilities, experiences, education, interests, and skills.
For more information and application details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-229-1680.