Supporting our Local Communities
At Sheridan, we are one with our local communities. Despite the limitations of volunteering in person during COVID-19, there are still many ways you can contribute to help our local communities and the agencies that continue to serve those most vulnerable.
If you'd like to support our surrounding communities of Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville, please consider the list of agencies below that are working hard to keep people and families safe, fed and socially supported during COVID-19.
Thank you, Sheridan. You continue to demonstrate the hallmarks of our character: kindness, compassion and generosity.
- The City of Brampton has created COVID-19 Support Task Forces to help vulnerable populations in the community at this time including seniors, those in need of food and shelter, small businesses and youth. Please visit their website for updates and evolving community needs.
- Regeneration Outreach and Knights Table are anchor organizations for Brampton during the COVID-19 pandemic and are welcoming financial, food and personal care donations. Both organizations are Emergency Food Donation Centres for Peel Region.
- Mississauga Food Bank is and Emergency Food Donation Centre for Peel Region and is accepting financial and food donations.
- Seva Food Bank (an initiative of the Sikhs Serving Canada Association) provides culturally appropriate food to low-income families in Mississauga and is accepting financial and food donations.
- Peel Learning Foundation is accepting monetary donations to provide support to 400+ students that continue to be in need across Mississauga and Brampton as identified by school staff.
- The Oakville Community Foundation has identified the needs of local agencies that are continuing to operate and seeking new ways to offer their services to their vulnerable clients during COVID-19 (E.g. Art House, Home Suite Hope, Kerr Street Mission, etc.). Please visit their website to learn about these local agencies and what is needed at this time.
- The Oakville Fare Share Food Bank remains open and is accepting monetary donations as well as items included on this list.
- Food for Life continues to make food deliveries across Halton and is partnering with other agencies such as Food for Thought and Food 4 Kids to extend their delivery services to children and families in need. Donations continue to be welcomed.
- Halton Catholic Children’s Education Foundation is looking for monetary donations for necessities for students and families in need that continue to be identified by school staff.
- Halton Learning Foundation is accepting financial donations as they continue to support students in need identified by school staff.