No Grade 12?
Join Sheridan's Academic Upgrading Program
Your Pathway to College or a Better Job
Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program that provides you with the admission requirements needed to apply to a college program, certificate program or workplace skills needed for employment. The program is recognized by all colleges in Ontario and is tailored to meet your specific educational needs.
Please watch the video below to learn if Academic Upgrading is right for you.
We are always accepting applicants for upcoming terms.
Submit your registration form as soon as possible to secure a seat. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, depending on space. Qualified applicants may be waitlisted for future terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to commonly asked questions by exploring the FAQs below. If you still cannot find answers to your questions, feel free to contact us.
Which subjects are offered?
Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) high school College-Level Credit Equivalencies:
ACE Core Subjects
- Communications (up to Grade 12C)
- Mathematics (up to Grade 12C)
- Chemistry (up to Grade 12C)
- Biology (up to Grade 11C)
- Computer Applications
- Strategies for Success
When does the program run?
Academic Upgrading operates on a three-term year, with each term lasting 14 weeks.
- Fall Term:
September – December
- Winter Term:
January – April
- Spring/Summer Term:
May – August
- Submit your application prior to the start of a term, as seats fill up quickly!
- Fall Term:
How long does Academic Upgrading take to complete?
Your time spent in the program is based on your academic needs or goals.
- Competency level is determined by your pre-admission assessment scores.
- The number of courses required to achieve your goal.
When do classes take place?
- Academic Upgrading is offered in-class, on weekdays. (Due to COVID-19, all classes are being offered virtually within scheduled class times)
- Classes run for 3 hours, 1-2 days per week, depending on the course.
9:00am – 12:000 pm
1:00pm – 4:00pm
6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Note: Schedules may be subject to change.
Where is Academic Upgrading delivered?
Sheridan College delivers this program at:
- Oakville (Trafalgar Campus)
- Brampton (Davis Campus)
- Mississauga (HMC Campus)
What is the Cost? Is Financial Assistance available?
- All courses are free of cost:
- Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program, funded by Employment Ontario for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Financial Assistance may be available for qualified individuals. Students can apply for subsidies towards:
- Public transportation
- Childcare expenses
- Internet Cost
Are ACE Courses Offered Online?
- Sheridan College is committed to in-person learning; however, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Academic Upgrading classes are offered virtually. We will return to in-person delivery as soon as it is safe to do so.
- If you are interested in taking upgrading online, you may visit the ACE Distance Delivery provider to determine if online learning is right for you:
How do I qualify?
- Age 19+
- Ontario Resident
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Convention Refugee
- English fluency (Canadian Language Benchmarks: level 6 in all four skills)
- Successful completion of pre-admission assessment