Halton Mentoring Partnership Program
Every year, more than 100,000 newcomers make the GTA their home. Highly educated and with years of experience, these newcomers possess tremendous knowledge of international markets and represent a largely untapped resource.
The Program matches newcomers (mentees) with mentors who share the same profession.
By partnering experienced professionals (mentors) with skilled newcomers (mentees), the program intends to facilitate the integration of these educated and experienced professionals into the labour force.
Over a four-month period of 24 hours, mentors help mentees to:
- Understand the Canadian workplace
- Establish professional networks
- Identify skills required by the profession
- Proceeed with accreditation or skills upgrading
- Improve professional terminology
- Gather information on local industries and employers
- Identify and seize employment or job training opportunities
For more information about opportunities for newcomers offered at Sheridan visit http://newcomers.sheridaninstitute.ca.