Welcome to the Institute!
The CAD/CAM Institute was founded by Sally Omar in 1989 as an independent business division within the Faculty of Science and Technology at Sheridan.
From a humble beginning with nine 80386 computers in a small computer lab, we have grown in the past twelve years to four computer labs with more than one hundred high-end workstations, and from three courses offered to more than thirty-five.
We specialize in intensive, high-end training courses for design professionals in the Architectural, Interior Design, Engineering and Construction, and Mechanical Engineering fields. Our courses cover the complete range of computer-aided-design aspects including:
- 2-D drawing
- 3-D Modelling
- Rendering and Presentation
- Design Visualization and Animation
- Design Office Intranet and Internet Communication and Collaboration
- To provide the best professional CAD and Visualization Courses for the working professional.
- To be among the leading Authorized Training Centers for AutoDesk, with the most current software and hardware.
- To provide a professional, businesslike environment conducive to learning and training.
We have been successful in achieving our goals. We have built a reputation for our outstanding achievement in professional training and teaching, and we have repeatedly recieved "Awards of Excellence" from AutoDesk for curriculum, facilities, instruction, attendance and enrolment. The Institute has been one of the leading AutoDesk Training Centres (ATCs) in North America.
The Institute's success can be attributed directly to its staff. We are fortunate to have a team of very talented, hard-working and determined people.
You are invited to come in and benefit from one or more of our courses.